Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This keto low carb creme brulee recipe is made with just 5 ingredients! This classic vanilla dessert is so decadent, you’ll never guess it’s sugar-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 cup Heavy cream
- 6 large Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- Powdered erythritol (optional – for topping)
- Whipped cream (optional – for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack to the middle position.
- Heat water in a tea kettle until hot, but not boiling.
- Find a pan large enough to fit the 4 ramekins and deep enough to add water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Add the yolks and 1 tablespoon of the granulated sweetener in a medium bowl.
- Beat well to completely break up the yolks. Remove any chalazae that remain.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small pot and add the remaining erythritol and vanilla bean powder (if using extract, add later).
- Place the pot over medium heat and heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until bubbles begin to simmer around the edge of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and being pouring the egg yolk into the hot cream mixture – very slowly in a thin stream, while quickly whisking all the while.
- Whisk in the brandy (and add the vanilla extract if you are using that instead.)
- Divide the crème Brulee mixture evenly between 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into the pan and fill the pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the very entrance of the crème Brulee is barely jiggly.
- Cool the crème Brulee in the water bath for an hour before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Before serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sweetener over the top of each crème Brulee.
- Melt the sweetener with a culinary torch until it caramelizes, turning brown.
- Alternately, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top.