Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The first time I had an easy chicken cordon bleu, it was a processed frozen meal pulled out of my friend’s freezer. And you know what? It was pretty gross. I’ve always loved chicken cordon bleu, but I shied away from making the dish. Baking the rolled up chicken always resulted in an uneven cook, the extra sauce you have to whip up seems fussy, and don’t even get me started on all the carbs in the breading. I’m happy to share this easy chicken cordon bleu recipe, stripped down to the essentials, it’s healthy and cooked to perfection using the sous vide method…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 1h 35 minutes ]
- 2 chicken breasts large, boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices ham uncured
- Prepare sous to vide water bath to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Flatten the meat using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer.
- Remove plastic wrap and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay Swiss cheese in a single layer in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Place a layer of ham over the top.
- Roll up each chicken breast like a jelly roll, beginning at the most narrow edge.
- Wrap the roll tightly in layers of plastic wrap to create an airtight enclosure, securing the ends with tight twists and elastic bands.
- Place the chicken rolls in the sous vide bath and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Carefully remove from water and discard plastic wrap.
- Allow chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later.