Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
I made this low carb pumpkin pancakes recipe after a trip to the pumpkin patch with the kiddos. This happened a while back, well before Halloween. As we’re quickly approaching Turkey Day, I figured I’d better hurry up and share it before the pumpkin spice craze subsides until next year; it always resurges…
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 10 minutes ]
- 2 eggs large, separated
- 2 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp erythritol granulated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- pinch sea salt
- 2 oz almond flour finely ground
- 1/4 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, whipping cream, pumpkin puree, low carb sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice, and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour with baking powder; whisk it into the pumpkin-egg mixture until uniform in appearance.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, then wipe with a paper towel to evenly distribute the butter for cooking.
- Spoon in the batter to make your pancakes; use about 2 tablespoons (60ml) per pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned, and then gently flip each pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the other side.
- Take care not to agitate the pancake before it’s ready to flip or the pancake will fall apart and you will hate yourself.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later.