Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Incredibly tender and flavorful, these slow cooker pineapple chipotle ribs are the ultimate football watching the food. they are hearty, finger licking good, pack a bit of a kick, and have so much flavor everyone goes home a winner…
Ingredients [ For 08 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 10h 55 minutes ]
Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 14oz can petite diced tomato
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, in juice
- 13 oz can LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs LA MORENA® Chipotle Sauce
- ½ tbsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1½ Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1½ Tbs garlic powder
- ½ Tbs black pepper
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- ½ Tbs dried thyme
- ½ Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs chipotle chili powder
- 5 lb boneless pork rib
- Combine the Rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Pat the ribs dry, then rub with the Rub.
- Place in slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4 hours
- I have a Hamilton Beach slow cooker and I love it because I can set the cook time and when it has finished it will automatically switch to warm.
- Meanwhile, make the BBQ Sauce by combining all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a large blender or food processor, and processing until smooth.
- I have a Blendtec blender which is a lot of blender for this recipe but it is just what I need for a lot of other recipes.
- After 4 hours cook time, drain the ribs(if necessary), and dump sauce over the top, reserving about a cup to a cup and a half for finishing.
- Cook 2 more hours until completely tender. Stir well to get the sauce well incorporated
- To finish the ribs off, grill/broil for 5 to 10 minutes to get a nice caramelized finish on top (optional)