Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This salted caramel pecan pie is made with an easy dairy-free salted caramel sauce and flaky grain free pastry crust (with a dairy-free option) for a rich gooey and sweet paleo dessert for the holidays or any special occasion…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 58 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 pie crust recipe for sweet pie pressed into 9” deep dish pie dish poked all over with a fork, then baked 10 minutes at 375 degrees F
- 2 1/4 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Salted caramel cooled for at least 1 hour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk and coconut sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring or whisking, then lower the heat a bit so that the mixture is bubbling but not overflowing.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally to avoid any burning, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is reduced and a deep caramel color*
- After preparing the caramel, allow it to cool at room temp for at least 1 hour before continuing with the filling.
Filling & Pie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (lowering the temp from 375 for the crust)
- Mix the chopped pecans (saving the halves for the top of the pie) with the maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla, cinnamon, and pinch salt.
- Allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs into the salted caramel (after an hour of cooling) 1 at a time until smooth, then stir in the pecan mixture.
- Pour filling into partially baked crust, then arrange pecan halves on the top of the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until center, is set and crust is golden brown.
- Allow pie to cool completely at room temp before serving for easy slicing.
- If you plan to refrigerate before serving, make sure to first cool completely at room temperature before chilling.
- Pie is best served at room temp or cooler for easy slicing.