Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Made with aromatic Indian spices, tomato sauce, chicken and coconut milk, it’s one of our favorite slow cooker meals…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 3h 55 minutes ]
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Add the onion to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the chicken right on top of the onion.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken.
- Top the sauce with garlic, ginger and all of the seasonings: 1 tablespoon of the garam masala, paprika, turmeric, curry, and salt.
- Gently stir together the sauce with the seasonings.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high (or 6-8 hours on low).
- Once it is finished cooking, using tongs remove the chicken thighs from the sauce and transfer them to a plate or cutting board. Remove the bones from the chicken and then shred all of the chicken meat. I do this using two forks and just pull the meat apart.
- Once the chicken is shredded add it back to the sauce.
- Stir together the 3/4 cup coconut milk and the remaining teaspoon of garam masala. Pour coconut milk over chicken and sauce.
- Serve over rice or with flatbread and top with fresh cilantro.