Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Take out ain’t got nothing on this vegan walnut tofu! Asian inspired crispy tofu tossed in a super yummy sauce with veggies and walnuts! Serve over rice or Asian noodles. It is to die for! This vegan walnut tofu is super quick and the best easy meal to make after a long day…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 C. Broccoli florets
- 1/3 C. Carrots, chopped
- 1/3 C. Bamboo shoots
- 1/2 C. Walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Agave nectar
- Press the tofu first. Drain the tofu, sprinkle with the salt, and place on some paper towels.
- Top with more paper towels, and place something heavy on top. Press for at least 20 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Once you are ready, cut the tofu into cubes. Place in a bowl, and toss with the cornstarch, making sure all the tofu is coated in cornstarch.
- Now, heat the sesame oil on medium high in a wok or nonstick skillet. Add the garlic and the tofu. Now saute the tofu.
- Cook on one side until it is nice and brown and crispy. About 2-4 minutes, reducing heat as needed.
- Then flip the tofu and cook on another side. Repeat until all sides are brown and crispy.
- While the tofu is cooking, add all the sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once the tofu is done, add the broccoli, carrots and bamboo shoots to the pan with the tofu.
- Toss, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the veggies are cooked but still crisp.
- Then add the walnuts and combine. Then add the sauce. Stir to coat everything in the sauce.
- Cook for another minute, then remove from heat. Serve immediately with rice or noodles, or just by itself