Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
I’ve been doing pretty well on my Weight Watchers trek – I lost 10 pounds in the first month! That said, I’m cooking a lot more and packing my lunch a LOT more. One of my favorite comfort foods growing up was Goulash (well at least that’s what my Dad called it).
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
7 Smart Point µon Weight Watchers
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2/3 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style (undrained)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato juice
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 serving(s) uncooked macaroni, elbow-size
- 31 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat, shredded Cheddar cheese
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef and onion until meat is browned, stirring and breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and their juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender about 15 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.