Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken aka copycat cafe’ Rio chicken is simple, versatile and insanely delicious. wrap it up, smother it in cheese and devour it…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 2h 55 minutes ]
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 5 tablespoons Ranch dressing seasoning 2 x 11-ounce packets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 12 large flour tortillas
- homemade or store-bought Queso
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Torn cilantro
- Colorado Chile Sauce
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN SHREDDED CHICKEN
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Turn on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, shred chicken and prepare taco, burrito and/or nacho fixings.
CAFE RIO SHREDDED CHICKEN SMOTHERED BURRITOS
- Add chicken and shredded cheese into a large tortilla.
- Add in rice and beans as well, if desired.
- Wrap up the burrito tightly.
- Pour on a generous portion of queso and Colorado Chile Sauce.
- Top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and fresh cilantro.