Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This hearty SLOW COOKER TUSCAN TORTELLINI SOUP will be a family favorite. Delicious & easy to make, you’re simply going to love how easy it comes together…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time :3h 55 minutes ]
- 3 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 9 ounces package THREE BRIDGES Triple Cheese Tortellini
- In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
- In a 6 qt. slow cooker adds chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
- Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or love 4-5.
- Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.