Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This Turkey, Corn, and Black Bean chili is simply divine. I like to play around with the spices in my chili. Usually, it’s a combo of 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, and some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. The addition of canned chipotle peppers in this is wonderful and I will be adding some every time I make chili now! Top this with some reduced fat cheddar cheese, sour cream or cilantro. That would be additional points, of course, one serving of this chili is only 5 points…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
Smart Points: 0
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 12 ounce package frozen seasoned corn and black beans, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounces can low sodium diced tomatoes (I used crushed)
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add turkey; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in corn and black beans; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ cup water and next 5 ingredients stirring until thick.
- ladle chili into bowls; top with cilantro and green onions if desired.
Saturated fat: 2.59