Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dip cheesy and full of flavor, this easy recipe will be sure to score a win on the game day and be a hit over the holidays…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 2h 55 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked hamburger
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 10-ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 – 4 ounce can be chopped green chiles optional
- 2 – 10-ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 – 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 ounces Velveeta cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro optional
- Cook ground beef until completely cooked. If you desire, strain or damp of the excess grease on your beef.
- Set slow cooker on high heat and add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Top with black beans, kidney beans, green chiles, and corn.
- Next, add in all of the seasonings: cumin, chili powder, and taco seasoning. Stir everything in the slow cooker until combined.
- Add beef (do not mix in), Velveeta and then the milk. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high 2 hours.
- Remove lid and stir to combine. Add in shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro, stir to combine. Replace lid back on and cook for another hour.
- Remove lid, stir to combine and serve. Keep slow cooker on warm, while you are serving.
- If it sits for too long, you made need to add 1/4 cup milk so that it doesn’t thicken too much.
- Great as a dip with taco chips, tortillas, crackers or even make as a topping to a burrito or taco salad.