Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lentils spiced with chorizo spices and cooked with red wine and tomatoes. Rich, healthy and amazingly comforting…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 1/2 C. Cooked Lentils, already cooked, not dry
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C. Red wine, vegan
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 14 oz. Crushed tomatoes, canned
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pot on medium high. Add the lentils, start to heat.
- Now, mix all the seasonings together in a bowl and add to the lentils stir to coat, then add the apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Cook the lentils for about 3-4 minutes to develop the flavor, reduce heat as needed.
- Now add the red wine to the lentils and use it to deglaze the pan.
- Stir and scrape all the tasty bits off the bottom.
- Then add the agave and crushed tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes until the strong red wine flavor has dissipated.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and anything else it needs.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta.